Diocese of Marquette, Marquette, MI is seeking an Assistant Newspaper Editor to be a backup person for the Communications Director. The ideal candidate is a practicing Catholic with a deep knowledge of the Catholic faith, as well as a passion for bringing people to Jesus through the Catholic Church by evangelization through diocesan media (print and electronic). Frequent evening and weekend work, as well as some travel, is required for this position. Work schedules occasionally change without notice.
- Working in all areas of diocesan communications
- Working in print and electronic media
- Working on the Diocesan website
- Collaborating with diocesan staff, freelancers and contributors, and working closely with clergy, religious and laity as well as parishes, missions, and schools.
- Producing and distributing diocesan news releases, handles media inquiries, and acts as the diocesan spokesperson to media, in the absence of the communications director
- Other duties as required
COMPENSATION: Diocese of Marquette puts great value in the Assistant Newspaper Editor position by offering a competitive salary commensurate with knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package including vacation leave, sick leave, and a retirement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field or relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team/fast-paced environment on deadlines
- Strong interviewing, writing and editing skills
- Able to tell stories through still and video photography
- At ease working with a variety of computer programs and operating systems
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred (Acrobat, Audition, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) or related programs
- Comfortable working in social media
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment for long distances
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Diocese of Marquette: United in Word and Sacrament and in communion with the universal Catholic Church, witness to and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ for all people in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Learn more at http://www.dioceseofmarquette.org